Cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon) are native to North America where they have a long history of use among the American Indians as both a food and a medicine.
In recent years the popularity of the cranberry fruit has grown worldwide due to its antibacterial, antioxidant and antiputrid (odour reducing) properties.
Whilst most people associate cranberry with diluted, sweetened supermarket drinks, pure cranberry juice is considered unpalatable and has even been reported to be “undrinkable”. Capsules are a convenient and pleasant way of taking pure cranberry with all its necessary active ingredients.
In Australia a large proportion of medicine is prescribed for the urinary system every year. Recent figures show that 1.2% of GP consultations are related to urinary tract health1.
Hilde Hemmes’ Cranberry capsules can serve as a natural alternative for promoting urinary tract health.
Hilde Hemmes’ Cranberry 10 000 capsules contain the ingredient Cran-Max®. When Cran-Max® was used in a randomised clinical trial it showed that two doses daily promoted a healthy urinary tract.
Other scientific studies have concluded that cranberry fruit reduces the ability of bacteria (including Escherichia coli) to adhere to the bladder lining and even helps reduce urinary odours, making it useful for people who are incontinent.
1. Wijesinha, SS. Urinary tract infection. Australian Family Physician,30(4): 343-346, 2001.
2. Stothers L, A randomised trial to evaluate effectiveness and cost effectiveness of naturopathic cranberry products as prophylaxisagainst urinary tract infection in women. The Canadian Journal of Urology, 9(3): 1558-1562, 2002.
Each capsule contains Vaccinium macrocarpon fruit powder 294.12 mg equivalent to fresh fruit powder 10 g (10 000 mg).
Features / Benefits
* Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
* Dosage based on recent findings.
* Easy-to-swallow capsules with no unpleasant taste.
* No artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
* Capsule shells made from plant origin.
* Ideal for vegetarians and vegans.
* Contains clinically-proven Cran-Max® utilising patented bio-shield technology.
* Suitable for adults and children over 12 years old.
* No adverse side effects reported if taken as directed. Volume: 60 caps